Customer Support

The Section 811 Disabled Program

The Section 811 Disabled Program enables people with disabilities to live independently within their communities. The program increases the number of properties that can accommodate people with special needs and provide the necessary services for their physical and mental health. To accomplish this goal, HUD provides two forms of assistance: direct federal capital advances and rental assistance. Capital advances may be used for the acquisition, rehabilitation, or construction of housing for the disabled and may not require repayment if the housing services the disabled community for a period of 40 years. Rental assistance is paid monthly by the entity administering the Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Contract and covers the difference between what tenants are able to pay and the fair market rate for the apartment. Housing that qualifies for the Section 811 Program can receive further financial funding through state agencies under the Project Rental Assistance Program by partnering with local Medicaid agencies.

Related Topics

Did not find what you were looking for?

Contact Us