Customer Support

Elderly and Disabled Persons Project Assistance Contracts

Elderly and Disabled Persons Project Assistance Contracts (PACs) are a relic from a former era in HUD's history and are actually no longer administered by the federal government. All Project Assistance Contracts were administered between 1989 and 1990 during a transitory period for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Projects that were not closed by December 31, 1991, were converted to Project Rental Assistance Contracts (PRACs). PACs for Section 202 and Section 811 projects require that tenant family have at least one elderly (over 62 years of age) or one handicapped member living in the unit and below income (below 50% of the regional median income). Since the program is terminated, financing for these projects has either been closed or converted.

Related Topics

Did not find what you were looking for?

Contact Us

Program Types

There are a number of sub-programs that fall under Section 8 and it's important to understand the differences among them. See descriptions below to learn about some of these programs. 

Contract Administrator

Knowing the administrator of your loan contract can make a huge difference in your ability to interact with them.